What to do in Lyon in Autumn?
What’s a cheesy boring topic…everyone seems to be writing about it. So I don’t want to be worse😉. No no, I’m just kidding I decided to present you my ideas for spending a wonderful time in LYON in autumn because for me autumn was a part of the year which I didn’t like…I used to even hate for all these grey rainy cold days which were making me really depressed! Thankfully, it has changed since I am in Lyon. As autumn in Lyon is beautiful and my mood is being lifted up! So what I can recommend now is to visit Lyon and make the most out of it. Stay positive, happy by following my list of 10 unmissable things to do during autumn in Lyon but not only.
- Obligatory – visit Parc de la Tête d’Or. I don’t think I need to explain why. Just go and you will see why. Parks in autumn are very magical places! For colors on the trees, for beautiful sunsets and sunrises, for good walk, for fresh air, for a good time with friends and family or in the contrary, for a quiet moment to relax. The list of benefits for spending time in the park during autumn is for me unlimited!
- Choose one of the Lyonnais museums to visit. If this day arrives…the one when the weather is not good, when it’s grey and rainy but you don’t want to stay home but go out, I would recommend Musée des Confluences when you want to do a journey back to the origins of world & life. Choose Musée des Beaux-Arts for the very beautiful art, Musée Miniatures et Cinéma not only if you love cinema and movies but to admire the amazing world of miniature and lastly don’t forget about Musée d’Art Contemporain – it’s always good to open your mind…as it is always interesting = odd & strange. I never can understand modern art but I know people do!
- Choose a good movie to watch in the cinema or at home. If you decide on a lazy & cozy evening at home, get your DVD ready and don’t bother cooking but order your meal. I tried AllResto and I can recommend! If you are going out to watch a movie in the cinema, try out here to find the cinema in Lyon.
- Start your Christmas shopping! La Part Dieu – it has all! Rue de la Republique – super place – a beautiful place in the center Lyon so when you go shopping you admire Lyon! On top of that, it has all the high street shops plus 2 euro shops! Plus Maxi Bazar…I am happy! Confluence – ‘so-so’ but still worth visiting!
- Get creative here! But if you want to stay more serious do some DIY creative projects as an adult I found some good ideas here.
- Go for a heartwarming meal to the good restaurant especially the one which serves homemade food. If you are in Lyon, the Lyonnais bouchon should be your choice and the thing to do in autumn for sure! Why? Because as you can see here Lyonnais bouchons serve very good food, heavy yet very tasty, usually homemade style and in a quantity that will warm you up very well!
- Enjoy a good book and so french tisane. Book – I understand, the French’s obsession for tisane – I didn’t understand but now I do. I am a big tea fan so discovering tisane in France made me very happy. I can drink it the whole year but during autumn I drink more of it… for all, it’s flavors, healthy effects, and good sleep!
- Enjoy pumpkin season! Attend all the Fetes de Courges so popular in Lyon and France. Use the pumpkins to make creative lantern decorations and cook some delicious pumpkin food with the healthy recipes from here.
- Make a break! City break! As much as I love Lyon and France, I also like discovering new places and small trips around Lyon as you can see LINK, a little bit further in France as well which you can see LINK and also some long weekends abroad. We always tend to think about traveling during summer but NO! Discover autumn in other than Lyon places in the world. Take a cheap flight from the Aéroport de Lyon-Saint-Exupéry to Lisbon, Cracow, Barcelona, London or Milan or Amsterdam ( I need to stop as I am listing all my favorite city breaks places) or take a car and get on the road to discover more of France. What do you prefer?
- Lastly but most importantly…have roasted chestnuts. ..and for this autumn experience you should be in France. I would recommend Lyon and it’s Vogue des Marrons! Eating roasted chestnuts is such a french autumn thing to do ….
So how did you like it? Did I inspire you? Or maybe you have other recommendations for things to do during autumn in general, from wherever in the world and maybe in Lyon?