Where? Only in the Musee des Confluences! Why? Because Venenum is my best exposition in Lyon so far!
I thought I am fed up with the Musee des Confluences in Lyon. I have been there on the 2nd day it was opened as you can see here. Again I went there for Antarctica Expo as I heard it is very good and wanted to verify as you can see here. So I thought I will give it a break and explore some other places, museums in Lyon and also around Lyon but no…because how can you resist when the newest lyonnais museum keeps launching new exhibitions which seem to be more and more interesting? I think as everything comes with the experience, the museum is aging and becoming a great expert in what is good for us! That is why they have all those good expos coming out…
So how did it happen I decided to come back to the Musee des Confluences again? Well, I checked the weather for the weekend. It was supposed to rain and if it is raining I have my Emergency Ideas Kit of Things to Do in Lyon here. On top of that I heard about the new expo and mentioned about it myself on my blog here. So on Saturday morning, I was very motivated to go and hide from rain! At the end, it didn’t rain but i won’t complain as the expo was ‘vraiment’ very very good, and I got a bonus! Which you can get as well. What is the bonus? Well, I have visited other new and very good expo at the Musee des Confluences which is called Carnets de Collections and I didn’t plan that. If you haven’t heard about Carnets de Collections I would highly recommend to check it out as soon as possible. Why?
- Because it is time limited and it is supposed to finish September 2017 (They should extend it as it will be very popular…I have such a feeling)
- Because it represents the very good and not shown before items of the museum’s collections which the museum could not display. Can you imagine that Confluence Museum has over 2 million elements of collections so naturally, it had to make a choice…
- Because you have this one off chance to see those hidden so far elements of museum’s collections.
- Because when you buy a ticket to see Venenum you can use it to see Carnets de Collections as well! That’s the double bonus!
But let me come back to Venenum as it is my HERO of this article. Why? As I can honestly say that Venenum is my best exposition in Lyon so far! And I will tell you why…
- Because if you thought you know what the poison is, you were wrong! There is so much to explore and learn about poison at the expo. I was impressed and I discovered new
- Because Venenum in a very interesting way presents the role the poison played in history and culture, science, beliefs, medicine and criminology
- Because it is not too big and not too small. What I found very good was the fact that it is well displayed. All elements are well described both in English and French
- Because it is scary! There are real black widows, snakes, scorpions, jellyfishes or scorpions, which can kill you! But do not worry there are double glass to protect them from escaping…Also, I was assured that the museum team has been train to catch a spider in case of escape.They are ready to react if one of the hairy spiders got an idea to leave its terrarium
- Because it is the first exhibition which integrates the living species into its collection
- Because of very unique, unusual & interesting atmosphere which combines all
- Because you will be put off the idea of Botox (if you had such in your head).
- Because it shows how powerful weapon it is and how ‘cleverly’ it has been used by famous women such as Cleopatra, Catherine de Medicis, Medea or Circée who learned to master this wonderful weapon, to achieve their ends. GirslPower!
- Lastly, because it gives comfort and calms our nerves ….there are poisons, but they are also antidotes and medicines thanks to the poisons.
So do you know why Venenum is my best exposition in Lyon so far? Would you agree? Or maybe you had other experience with the Musee des Confluences you can share with me? And remember if you don’t have any experience with Lyon and this museum, it is a sign…you should visit!