You will be proud of me…I will just say it ‘sweet and short’: here you are the best, top events and things to do in Lyon this JULY. The well known and unknown, the unusual and interesting activities in Lyon, France to take part!
Plan your stay, visit, life in Lyon this July. Enjoy the July Lyonnais events, things to do, local activities and please add others things in Lyon for July if you know any. Thank you!
- Musee Miniature et Cinema Visit the museum for its new collection which is worth seeing! 5 top Superheroes arrived in the museum. You can see the real costumes of Spider-Man, Batman, Robocop, Hellboy and a Jaffa warrior from the TV series Stargate SG-1. Where: 60, rue Saint-Jean, Lyon 5e; When: 10 – 6.30pm Monday – Friday; Weekend: 10 – 7pm; How Much: 6,50 – 9 €
- Lyon Architecture Biennale Calling all architects, urban planners, landscape architects, engineers, sociologists, philosophers, artists, industrialists, manufacturers, academics and all stakeholders to take part in Utopias Workshops, presentations, seminars, expositions etc at the Sucrière. The architectural events in Lyon is opened to all interested in architecture for the whole month of July! Where: La Sucrière; 49 – 50 Quai Rambaud Quartier Confluence 69002 Lyon 2ème; When: 8 June – 9 July; How much: I don’t know yet, do you?
- DeMondDor Festival A great music event, full of reggae, electro, world music, Hip Hop, fitting to all music tastes. You will have a chance to list to well known and famous artists as well as young unknown talents. Program here.Where: Route de la Glande 69250 Poleymieux-Au-Mont-d’Or; When: 30 June to Sunday 2 July 2017; How Much: Free entry for children < 10 years, Pass € 50 to € 55. Buy here
- Circus Festival at the Domaine de Lacroix-Laval – Fête du Cirque at the Domaine de Lacroix-Laval. A great opening weekend to discover the Cirque with the collaboration of the Circus School of Lyon. Shows, concerts, and open-air cinema, workshops etc. Where: Domaine et Château de Lacroix-Laval; 1171 Avenue de Lacroix-Laval 69280 Marcy-l’Étoile; When: Whole July. The plan for each day here; How Much: FREE for opening weekend
- Fete des Bannieres du Monde A very good consular festival where the associations of the international communities present their cultures. From 3 pm, place Bellecour will be crowded with representations of different countries, costumes to see, food to taste, animations and music to listen to. Where: Place Bellecour 69002 Lyon 2ème; When: 1st July; How Much: Free
- L’Été en Cinémascope The Institut Lumière organizes free cinema sessions, outdoors, as part of Tout Monde Dehors. Where: place Ambroise Courtois 69008 Lyon 8ème; When: 4 July 2017 at 10pm; 11 July 2017 10pm; 18 July 2017 à 10pm; 25 July 2017 at 9.45pm; How Much: FREE
- Free Screenings at the Opera de Lyon Thanks to the Tout Monde Dehors event, the Lyon Opera offers live broadcast on a big screen of a famous lyric art. It is a great the opportunity to learn about the Lyonnais Opera! Where: Place des Terreaux 69001 Lyon 1er; When: July, dates to be confirmed; How Much: FREE
- Le Péristyle This is a café-jazz terrace who organizes jazz concerts each evening at its place. The Restaurant is located in the Opera of Lyon. Where: Le Péristyle, Place de la comédie, 69001 Lyon; When: Some evenings in July. Check for details here. How Much: FREE (restaurant events)
- Carnets de collections The new expo at the Musee des confluences. Why is it so special? Because it offers a very detailed portrait of the musée des Confluences. The collection presents a selection of works from different fields such as geology, ethnology, paleontology, osteology and entomology show the infinite wealth of the world of humans and nature. Where: 86 Quai Perrache, 69002 Lyon – France; When: until 9 September; everyday 11-7pm and weekends: 10-7pm; How Much: 9 €
- Ile Utopie It is a colorful music festival in Lyon. Great summer atmosphere and music on the Ile Barbe. Where: Ile Barbe 69009 Lyon 9ème; When: 30 June, & 1,2,3 July; How Much: Book your tickets here. Sunday is FREE. Cost: 27 € – 32 €. The 3-day pass: 63 €
- Baroque under the tree The Music event organized by The Baroque Association in Lyon in a relation with the Everybody Outside initiative (Tout Monde Dehors). Everyone is invited to enjoy Music at the Castle Tavern with Celadon Ensemble, Purcell forever (English baroque music, the repertoire of Henry Purcell) with the Concert of the Hostel Dieu. As in previous editions, a young Lyon ensemble will be invited for the third evening of the concert. Where: Vélodrome “Georges Préveral” du Parc de la Tête d’Or; Parc de la Tête d’Or Place Général Leclerc; 69006 Lyon; When: 3,4 July and 7,8 July, 8.30-10pm; How Much: FREE
- Tout l’Monde Dehors! A mixture of free artistic summer events in Lyon this July! It involves dance, cinema, theater, reading, games or music …ideal activities for all ages and preferences. Where: Lyon, check for news and updates here; When: usually evenings and weekends, more details here; How Much: FREE
- Defile Militaire The military parade led by the Military Music of Lyon with the School of Health of the Armies, the Gendarmerie, the Medical Regiment, the 68th RA Africa and Marine Military. Where: Place Maréchal Lyautey 69006 Lyon; When: 13 July from 5:30 pm; How Much: FREE
- 14 July Fireworks National Holiday Festival of fireworks! Lyon and other French cities will display fireworks for at least 20 mins. Why? Because of the 14 July holiday. Where: Lyonnais Sky! Find yourself the ideal place with the best view of Fourviere!; When: The fireworks will be fired at 10:30 pm; How Much: FREE for us; the city is paying!
- The balls of July 14 Most of the bars will be open to celebrate Fete 14 Julliet in France: music, drinks, the warm evening provided! Where: Quai de Saône, between the Marshal Junctions and Bonaparte Bridge; When: 14 July, 9 pm to 12.30 am; How Much: FREE
- Péplum Lugdunum The musical event organized in the three schools of the 3rd arrondissement in Lyon with children aged between 6 and 10 years. This is the biggest Péplum in the history of Lyon!, accompanied by an orchestra. Where: Place Charles de Gaulle (esplanade de l’Auditorium) 69003 Lyon; When: 1 July at 7pm; How Much: FREE
- KIOSK Festival Lyon The festival kiosk organized in the heart of confluence, under a former wholesale market. You should come to discover the future confluence market district with a series of artistic, sporting and citizen meetings. Where: 73 Rue Smith, 69002 Lyon, France When: 1st (KIOSK A MIX) & 2nd (KIOSK SOLEIL LEVANT) July plus more events in summer, How Much: FREE
- Jazz a Vienne.It is a jazz festival created in 1981, internationally renowned. It lasts a fortnight each year around the first fortnight of July in Vienna in the Isère. All details and program are here. Where: Théâtre Antique de Vienne 7 Rue du Cirque, 38200 Vienne, France; When: until 13 July; How Much: Buy your ticket at fnac
*** Note*** I have been using the posters and images of the events provided by the companies who organize them or share additional information about events in Lyon. Thank you!