Je suis désolé, mais….there are actually some things I don’t like about Lyon & France
Having written my last ‘too optimistic & cheerful and praising post about the things I love about France and Lyon I had a think I should be more objective in my opinions. I am optimist who sees only the bright sight of life! So I do see only good things in people and word around…but there are things I might not like so much about Lyon and France and have difficulty in admitting it. Anyway I will try to be honest and point out few things that are putting me off french style of life. I keep my list to minimum as I am optimist but here you are
My short list of things I don’t like about Lyon and France!
- Driving! But at least I feel like I am a very good driver (and trust me I am not;-) and the French people are really bad drivers 😉
- Shops closed on Sundays and in the evenings! So no shopping for me on Sunday…I am getting used to…thanks God for internet and online shopping 😉
- French language is difficult ;-(
- Too much ‘pain’/to many baguettes;-)…it goes with everything…I am getting confused here…lunch, dinner, breakfast, snack…bring me some wholemeal 😉 but its difficult as the french ‘pain’ is irresistible
- Not so many discounts and offers in shops! It is expensive here!
- A lot of red paper!
…I told you it’s not that long, is it? I am sure the list will grow eventually as the time goes. If you remember I am here no more then 4 months all together so there is much more to explore. But in the meantime, although some things are putting me off Lyon, I still love it and I will share another bunch of photos from Lyon in my white & black theme with my colour touch 😉 Hope you like them!
And this picture needs to be in colour…I could not resist 😉 beautiful sun and light in Lyon!
Do you recognize the places in Lyon? Have you been there? If not, I will recommend…Lyon awaits you! Fell in love with Lyon as I did! Enjoy the city if you have a chance.