Happy New Year – Kicking of the 2013, lets do this properly with the very useful list of 10 Savvy Shopping Tips On Consumer Rights by Money Saving Expert and Finance Guru – Martin Lewis.
So what’s his top tips on consumer rights? Here you are and for detailed information just visit finance section of Telegraph.
- Spend over £100 with your credit cards and the card company additionally to retailer protects you
- Know your rights and quote the rules
- You have a “no-fault” right of return online – more protection when buying online, via post & phone
- Remember to ask for the delivery charge back if returning online goods – it is your right
- Buying for a friend? Keep the gift receipt so you can transfer the statutory rights
- Second-hand have exactly the same ”faulty’’ rights
- On eBay remember to buy only from a professional trader – this will give you full ”faulty’’ right
- For a full refund, return within one month
- After six months you need to prove fault, otherwise that is the store responsibility
- When the store does not want to agree with you, the court is the judge
I hope you found those tips on consumer rights useful. If you have further questions or something was unclear I would recommend reading Martin Lewis Blog and following his forums. They are a great voice for community of today’s savvy consumers.