Do you know how efficient & cheap and easy you can explore Lyon with your Mobile Phone? Well you just need to activate one, two or more of the best Top 20 Mobile Apps to use in Lyon that I have found.
It took me longer to explore this area as although I am internet addict, I love my laptop more than anything else! That is why i haven’t been using my smartphone properly. But once I discovered how useful it is when I am outdoors i had a better look into making the most out of it when living in Lyon. I have found out that I do not need a map, I do not need a guide, I do not need a book anything in advance or even I do not need to have a plan to start visiting Lyon! Basically all I need, it is my mobile and access to the internet and I can use some applications especially created for Lyon. They are almost all for FREE and will help you discover Lyon independently, on a budget and never get lost. So enjoy….the The Most Useful & Best Top 20 Mobile Apps to use in Lyon
- To discover the district of Croix Rousse. Cost: FREE. App Store Croix Rousse Application
- To visit all the painted walls in Lyon. Cost: 0.79 Euro. App Store LYON Painted Walls Application
- To discover the hidden courtyards and traboules of Lyon and enter the heart of this secret city within a city. Cost: 0.79 Euro. App Store Traboules in Lyon Application
- To let you share car with family and friends. The app will allow you to manage the availability of the vehicles, to book, to find out where the car is parked and for how long it is available. Cost: FREE. App Store Cartribe
- To order a taxi in Lyon and the surrounding area from any location in just two clicks. Cost: FREE. App Store Taxi Lyon
- To optimize your travels around Lyon thanks to all the useful information about daily commute. App Store Onlymoov Application
- To discover the most significant contemporary architecture in the city lyonnaise. Cost: FREE
- To help you walk through the city and find the places you want like: the nearest pool, the nearest market. To help you out find out what’s happening in Lyon and calendar events, create walks ideas and things to do. Cost: FREE
- To find the 14 major iconic Lyonnais parks, more than 30 outstanding parks and gardens, 27 nature trails for hiking and more than 600 places and squares nearby. Cost: FREE
- To find toilets in Lyon. Cost: FREE. Android Toilettes à Lyon
- To help you navigate the local businesses around such as restaurants, Banks, ATMs, Bus stops, Hospitals etc. Cost: FREE. Android Lyon City Guide
- To let you browse the city at amazing details thanks to the interactive map. Cost: FREE. Android Lyon Offline City Guide
- To find restaurants, bars and other leisure in Lyon and its suburbs. To find the reviews and tips about eating out in Lyon. Cost: FREE. Android Le Petit Paume Application
- To organize your transport in Lyon, find metro, bus and tram station & timetable. Cost: FREE. Android Lyon Metro and Tramway and Trolley
- To find Lyon halal restaurants with up to dates info and photos, tips and reviews to make up your mind quickly. Cost: FREE. Android Medina Lyon
- To help you locate and explore the works of three thematic tours in the MBA museum’s collections such as Masterpieces, Nature/Plant life, Colors/Black. It will allow you to listen to the audioguide, read texts and view the high resolution pictures, animated games and videos. Cost: FREE. Android Thematic Tours MBA Lyon
- To plan your commute in Lyon. It will help you find the bus, metro, tram, funicular or vélo’v station near by you and check the latest news and timetable of its services. Cost: FREE. Android TCL
- To let you view the status of bike stations Velo’V networks in Lyon and its suburbs. You can find out what is the closest stations to your location, check the number of bikes available.Cost: FREE. Android Lyon VeloV
- To help you explore Lyon city, its museum & cultural attractions via audio tours and local stories shared in those audio guides.Cost: FREE.
- To check the weather in Lyon and in its regionthanks to professional Meteo-Lyon.net, Cost: FREE.
Rhone Alps Applications – to get you all the Top Lyonnais applications
So did you know any of them? Do you know others? Well I hope the list is pretty comprehensive, otherwise please do get in touch with me or share more useful mobile apps we can and should be using when traveling & visiting Lyon. I would love to check them out! In the meantime, enjoy visiting Lyon on a budget with the Most Useful and Free Top 20 Mobile Apps use in Lyon, will you?