Learn how and where to create the Birth Wishlist for a Baby in France!
The arrival of a baby is a great occasion to cover it with gifts. The more ideal it is if all the presents are useful, needed and practical for the parents well for the baby but also parents. So offering a birth gift is not always easy for those around you. Half of them don’t have any experience with babies and will buy things looking beautiful but so impractical for parents and baby. The other half of people will buy great products but either they might not match your decor and taste or you already have one or two of the same kind.
And that is why today I would like to talk about making it easy for your guests and for yourself to offer your newborn a great present by creating a birth wishlist for a baby in France. Such a Birth Wishlist is a practical and essential way to not forget anything. It allows parents to receive everything they really need and to avoid having some duplicate items. Decoration, diapers, toys, baby care, clothes … Create your birth wishlist before baby arrives, according to your needs and preferences! Learn how and where to create the Birth Wishlist for a Baby in France!
First, how to create a typical Birth Wishlist for a Baby in France?
Start by listing everything you will need to accommodate baby in the best conditions.
- First, think about baby clothes. Baby will need from birth, pajamas, bonnets and later small pants, dresses, t-shirts, bloomers, vests and socks. I have tried to list all clothing required in France for the arrival of your baby HERE. It might be difficult to predict before birth what size will be baby. However, last trimester ultrasound can give you an estimate of birth weight and height. Attention also to the season where you will give birth: it will be necessary to calculate its age (and therefore its size of clothing) according to the season.
- Then think of the baby meals that will need, for example baby bottles, a bottle warmer, bibs, a nice unbreakable crockery, a high chair, etc.
- Regarding the hygiene and bath of the baby, you may eventually need bath outlets, a bath, a bathing lounger, a changing table, bath toys or a thermometer.
- Then, review everything your child will need to sleep like a crib, bedding, musical mobile cot, baby monitor or night light.
- Also, remember about the room decoration and security, things to entertain the baby and keep it safe at home like play mats, toys, park, barriers etc.
- Finally, do not forget the items for going out like a stroller, a car seat, a diaper bag, a carrying system, an umbrella bed etc.
Now decide what you need to buy yourself as some items are very personal and expensive and need a lot of consideration and tests from parents like a stroller, bath, car sit etc. Then look around at the things that have already been offered for your baby…from sister to sister, from friend to friend…some items are kindly shared and pass over to friends and family. Finally, your Wishlist for the Baby will adapt to your needs. The one advice I can give you is to think about varying the prices of different gifts, so that everyone around you can please you whatever their budget is.
And now, where in France to create a typical Birth Wishlist for a Baby?
- The Birth Wishlist for a Baby in French store (online & offline)
Many baby stores in France offer to easily create the birth wishlist for a baby. You can do it yourself online on the shop’s website or directly in the store. All you have to do is choose the french baby shop you like, such as:
and make a selection of items from toys, deco, furniture, childcare, etc. Either online or offline. When you decide to go to the shop, the sales consultant will answer your questions, advise you well and present you the most appropriate articles. That is a great advantage. Even if this takes more time then choosing online, meeting a real sales professionalist will help you make the right choices. Once your birth wishlist for a baby is created, all you have to do is invite your relatives and friends to this shop. They will simply go to the store to choose what they want to offer you.
- The Wishlist for a Baby Born in France created online
If you do not want to limit yourself to a single french shop to compose your birth wishlist for a baby, know that there are some free tools like:
which help you to create the Birth Wishlist for a Baby in France. It lets you list the items of your choice , located on different french websites or on the french e-shops of the stores. How does it work? Create a list, then list the objects of your choice in one click, by searching on different sites. Each product is accompanied by a photo and a link to the merchant site or possibly the address of the store if it is not sold online. Once the birth wishlist for a baby is finished, share it with your loved ones, via a personalized email or on social networks. Your friends or family choose the gift they wish to offer you (or credit the corresponding amount which will then be donated to your bank account), must specify that the gift is “reserved” to avoid duplicates and buy it directly in the shop or on the e-shop. You are made aware as soon as one of your gifts is purchased. Guaranteed time saving and great service!
A small tip.… if some products are very expensive, you can activate an online prize pool that will allow your friends to donate it. There are several platforms that allow this service as
Lastly, when is it a good time to do and share your birth wishlist for a baby in France?
To avoid stress, do not keep it for the last month. I would recommend to start creating the birth wishlist for a baby in the sixth month of your pregnancy. Most people already know the sex of the baby (I kept it unknown waiting for a surprise and therefore my color choices were: white, grey, beige and yellow) but for others the choice of some gifts can be more targeted . Once created, share the birth wishlist for a baby in France with the others and give them enough time to offer you the gifts you want.
I hope you liked my introduction to the creation of the Birth Wishlist for a Baby in France. I am not Baby specialist at all. I tried it once in France to do the birth wishlist for my baby, I investigated the subject a bit before, looked and compared the French shops for baby and online services and simply wanted to share my findings with you. If you have other experiences with creating the Birth Wishlist for a Baby in France, please do share with me and others …there are always more kids to come….