Don’t worry if you heard that there are not many organized events in Lyon in AUGUST. It’s true everyone is on summer holidays. Yet Lyon is NEVER a boring place. So I collected all the important things for you to do this AUGUST in Lyon!
I hope you have been enjoying Lyon previous months with all the activities, things to do and events. As new month approaches and summer gives us energy to do things, I have another list of All The Top Things to Do & Events to Take Part In…Lyon in AUGUST! Do you know any other? Well, please let me know so I can enjoy Lyon even more! Thanks!
- Apéritivos du Vaporetto – Every Wednesday evening in summer, the Confluence leisure and shopping centre organizes aperitifs on its famous river shuttle. Boat + aperitif + water = wonderful combo! Where: l’embarcadère duVaporetto, quai Antoine Riboud, in front of Pôle de Commerces et de Loisirs Confluence ; When: Every Wednesday until October 19, 6pm to 7pm / 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm; How Much: 10 euros to 15 euros
- The exhibition “Vlan!” – 77 y
ears of Comics in Lyon. The expo allows cartoon enthusiasts to reconnect with their youthful heroes, and to enter the world of contemporary comics. Through a chronological and thematic journey, the exhibition unveils this rich and colorful history through illustrations, publications, original documents and objects from the many comic book publishers since the 1940 armistice until today in Lyon and in the Region. Where: Lyon bibliothèque de la Part-Dieu, 30 Boulevard Marius Vivier Merle – 69003 Lyon; When: until November 4th, Hours and details; How Much: Free
- Festival Woodstower – 19th edition! 3 days & 2 nights of concerts, shows, entertainment and fun! The programme is here; Where: Grand Parc Miribel Jonage; Chemin de la Bletta, 69120 Vaulx-en-Velin; When: Aug 25 at 2 PM to Aug 27 at 9 PM; How Much: 30 – 35 Euros
- The 43es World Team Championships – They are organized by the World Bridge Federation (WBF). These Championships will be held in 3 categories Open, Ladies and Seniors. In Lyon, in each of the three categories, 22 teams that have previously qualified in their respective areas will compete for two weeks. Where: Cité Centre De Congrés; 50 Quai Charles de Gaulle 69463 Lyon; When: World Transnational Open Teams – 21st August and the Youth Open Championships will be played from 14th to 24th August; How Much: I don’t know yet. Do you?
Musee Miniature et Cinema – The new collection: 5 top Superheroes arrived in the Miniature and Cinema Museum worth seeing! You can see the real costumes of Spider Man, Batman, Robocop, Hellboy and a Jaffa warrior from the TV series Stargate SG-1. Where: 60 rue Saint-Jean, Lyon 5e; When: 10 – 6.30pm Monday – Friday; Weekend: 10 – 7pm; How Much: 6,50 – 9 €
- Carnets de Collections – The new expo at the Musee des Confluences. Why is it so special? Because it offers very detailed portrait of the Musée des Confluences. The collection presents a selection of works from different fields such as geology, ethnology, palaeontology, osteology and entomology and show the infinite wealth of the world of humans and nature. Where: 86 quai Perrache, 69002 Lyon – France; When: until 9 September; every day 11-7pm and weekends: 10-7pm; How Much: 9 €
- Tout l’Monde Dehors! – A mixture of free artistic summer events in Lyon this Summer! It involves dance, cinema, theatre, reading, games or music …ideal activities for all ages and preferences. Where: Lyon, check for news and updates here; When: usually evenings and weekends, more details here; How Much: FREE
Roseraie Lion d’Or – Something different, this time around Lyon. Discover the Rose Garden of the Golden Lion in Torcieu (Ain). The walk begins with a lovely stone path of 800 meters, which climbs a little and get you a view of this little paradise Albarine Valley. Where: Roseraie-Jardin du Lion d’Or, Chemin des Plantées, Torcieu; When: Saturday and Sunday, from 11 am to 7 pm. How Much: FREE
- Water Bordelan in Villefranche – Month of August, 40 ° C in the shade it is a proper heat wave in Lyon! So water is what is needed! Less than half an hour from Lyon, there is a lake bordered by a small sandy beach and a large lawn area. The swimming is supervised and you can picnic. Where: Route de Riottier; 69400 Villefranche-sur-Saône; When:1st July – 31 August, 10am – 10pm; How Much: Adults : 3€; Kids: 2€
- Guided Visit Theme with Crime – Discover Lyon different way.
2 hours of guided tours which let you to learn about different periods, the Lyons gang but also discover the stories of the kings of France. Reserve quick here as it is very popular!. Where: Office du Tourisme – Place Bellecour; 69002 Lyon; When: 15 August; How much: 10€
- Calicéo à Sainte-Foy-lès-Lyon – The aquatic centers. A modern fitness center with balneo area, beauty-massages area, swimming pools, hammams, saunas, spa. Where: Rue Sainte Barbe, 69110 Sainte-Foy-lès-Lyon; When: Everyday and holidays from 10am till 9pm; How Much: 26 euros pass
- Bal Swing – Do you like 1930’S? Here it comes, a Swing Party for you thanks to Tout l’Monde Dehors! Where: Esplanade de la Grande-Côte 69001 Lyon 1er, When: 31 August, from 7.30pm; How Much: FREE
- Gourmandises littéraires – Lovers of gastronomy and literature? Come and share your literary and culinary favorites. Bring a culinary specialty as well as your favorite book, the librarians invite you to share a friendly and playful moment at the sunset while picnicking. Where: Place Général Brosset ; When: 4th August, 7 pm – 9pm; How Much: FREE
*** Note*** I have been using the posters and images of the events provided by the companies who organize them or share additional information about events in Lyon. Thank you!