Searching for the bathing spots near Lyon. Discover those ideas for the summer trips from Lyon.
If you think you cannot find enough water spots in Lyon…while Lyon has 2 big rivers, few lakes and over 10 big swimming pools LINK HERE. I can show you what the Lyons surrounding area can offer. Because even if we all love Lyon, it is a good idea to have a trip away from Lyon and in the summertime, the ideal theme for that is: bathing spots around Lyon! Are you ready for my list of Top bathing spots around Lyon? Here you are:
1.Lac des Sapins – which is the largest organic bathing spot in Europe. It will take you 1 and a half hours to get there from Lyon. But it is worth it as there are three artificially-created yet natural pools to swim in. There’s an entrance fee, but after that, it has absolutely everything you need to enjoy a perfect day. The activities provided: picnic, treetop adventure park, paddle boats, etc. Not to mention, it is an ideal spot for the picnic.
2.Lac d’Aiguebelette located 1 hour and 15 mins from Lyon is a place to be during hot summer. Whether you are a player, sportsman or explorer, the Pays du Lac d’Aiguebelette offers a multitude of water sports on its lakes. This lake has a base of rowing of international fame. You can also go hiking, canoeing, surfing, paddling and even canyoning! Let yourself be tempted by an electric boat cruise and a favorite activity for children, the activity Aqua Bulles invites you to try the experience of walking on the water in a bubble. This is not all, this place is ideal to practice of canoeing or paddle and fishing.
3. Cormoranche-sur-Saône, only 1 hour away from Lyon, you should not resist and go. There is obviously a lake but also the onsite 4-star campsite (tipis, chalets, mobile homes). This is the most natural leisure park in the area. It has nearly 24 hectares entirely devoted to relaxation and it offers plenty of activities like: kayaking, angling etc. Don’t hesitate to spend there a few days.
4. Lac des Eaux Bleues located in The Grand parc de Miribel-Jonage which is an urban park covering almost 2,200 hectares on the outskirts of Lyon. It takes less than 40 mins to get there from Lyon. The 350 hectare lake and its beaches offer delightful opportunities for bathing. There is also a wide range of sporting activities like: marked paths, nature discovery trails, tennis, table tennis, badminton, archery, climbing, trampolining, golf (9 hole course) and a golf practice putting-green! You can also enjoy the rollerblade and mountain bike paths, rope bridges and a 212 m descent above Eaux Bleues Lake. You can also hire the catamarans, sailing boats, windsurfing and surfboards, canoes, rowing boats, small boats etc. and most importantly lie down on the beach next to the lake.
5. Lac du Bourget which is located only 1 hour and 15 mins away from Lyon. It is the largest natural lake in France, 18 km long and it is surrounded by the Epine Massif, Mont du Chat, Chambotte, Mont Revard and the Bauges. Lake Bourget has its own aquarium! The Aquarium du Lac du Bourget is located on the shore, near the Grand Port displays the native species of Bourget Lake. It is also the deepest lake located entirely within France. The lake’s average depth is 85 m, and its maximum depth in 145 m. Lake Bourget has few Must Do Things such as a cruise down the three-mile Canal de Savieres to where it meets the North and South Rhone at Chanaz. Don’t miss out on it!
6. Lake Annecy – is the third largest lake in France, after the Lac du Bourget and Lac de Grand-Lieu. It is known as “Europe’s cleanest lake” because of strict environmental regulations introduced in the 1960s. It is a popular tourist destination known for its swimming and water sports. When visiting in summer, there are plenty of sandy or grassy beaches. A swim in the refreshing, crystal-clear water serves as a perfect opportunity to relax and take in the remarkable views that Annecy has to offer. Lake Annecy has options like paddleboarding with the ex-captain and coach of the French wakeboarding team, scuba diving and catamaran and yacht rentals. Lastly and most importantly, Annecy is a charming beautiful town worth a visit.
7. Aquavert in Francheville – this is a park which welcomes young and old alike for a moment of relaxation with family or for the practice of aquatic activities of fitness and well-being. It is open the whole year. Around the pools (25 x 15 m and 20 x 12, 50 m), there are the wide beaches equipped with benches and deckchairs which allow quietness after the sporting activity. On the solarium, a paddling pool is for families and children to discover the pleasures of water: water-breathers, shade sails … (from mid-June to the end of August).
8. Les Cascades in Trévoux – If you are looking for a place to spend a fun day with your family and friends, you might try this aquatic park, located thirty minutes away from Lyon. This giant pool of the Trevoux Waterfalls offers a fun swim in a protected green area with trees, ideal for both children and adults. There is also an artificial pond of 1800 m² in gentle slope, monitored and controlled with a water heated continuously at 25-27 ° C. For the little ones, Les Cascades de Trévoux offers a gently sloping pond that allows you to enter the water at his own pace and it is possible to let them play in the paddling pool with children’s games. Outside water, children continue to have fun with games of volleyball, ping-pong …
9. La Plaine Tonique near Montrevel-en-Bresse – this is the camping site with many aquatic activities (beaches by the lakeside, an aquatic centre, nautical leisure…), located in the heart of the La Bresse. It offers you a restful holiday in its top-of-the-range mobile homes and luxurious cottages. More than just a campsite, La Plaine Tonique is also an outdoor leisure centre. The bathing area has 5 pools of naturally warm water, in addition to the natural lake. You’ll find two pools with giant slides as well as a leisure centre, a fun paddling pool and a sauna for your well-being. A swimming pool with a removable roof will provide the perfect introduction to aquagym.On the lakes of Montrevel, board a catamaran, canoe or pedal boat before taking a rest on the beaches. You can also enjoy a spot of fishing or discover the joys of water skiing. This is not all. There’s a range of other activities at La Plaine Tonique, like archery, racket sports and horse-riding, with its own horse farm. For nature-lovers, there are special cycle paths departing from the campsite.
10. AquaParc La Vallée Bleue – this is a multi-activity leisure park that has a swimming pool: the Aquaparc. This Isère pool is located on the banks of the Rhone. The property features an outdoor pool, slide and paddling pool. Various activities are organized: swimming lessons, water aerobics, playgrounds, etc. The swimming pool is open to the public from May to the end of August, at large hours.
I hope you got some inspirations for summer trips around Lyon offering the water space for you to dive in. Did you find your preferences? Have you visited any or others? Please let me know!