Different types of presents that you can buy for a new born baby in France!
Buying for a baby and kids is the best activity I can think of. All the things are so cute, beautiful, that you cannot resist in any case if you have a baby or you are expecting one or even better if anyone around you has a baby and you wish to buy a present for them.
But even if the shopping for a baby seems like a good fun, it is more complicated than that. Once you finally need to decide to buy something you are being put in front of too big choice and total lack of experience what is actually useful for a baby and parents. Of course, all the presents do not need to be very useful but at least they should be well thought of. So in order to help myself and you to decide what in France you can buy for a Baby as a present, I did a small investigation and want to share it with you.
So, let’s talk about what type of presents you can buy for a new born baby in France
Any contribution to the Birth WishList for a Baby which I explained HERE is the very good present for a baby in France. However, there are other types of gifts for a baby you can consider getting such as:
- Baby Keepsakes (Souvenirs bébé). These products help parents document their baby’s first days and years. These are the adorable baby record books, first tooth and curl containers, footprint plaques and other personalized baby gifts which will keep memories of the little darlings alive for a lifetime.
- Baby Milestones Cards (Cartes étapes de bébé). These are simply all types of paper,textiltypes of card like blankets which will help parents to present the progress and growth of the baby month after month.
- Birth Announcement Cards (Carterie naissance). These are the cards that actually parents are buying to send to family and friends to introduce the arrival of their baby. In France, this is extremely popular.
- Photo Posters Introducing Newborn (Affiche de naissance). These are the products used as an adorable nursery decoration. You can personalize the poster with the first name of the baby, there are the models with or without a photo. https://lachouettemauve.com/66-affiche-de-naissance-anniversaire
- Birth gift box (Coffret cadeau naissance). These are ready made boxes different themes like decorations, clothing, toys which are destined for a newborn. They are useful for anyone who cannot decide or have no experience with the babies.
- Personalized Baby Decor (Objet décoratif ). These are all the little objects that can be a nice addition to the baby room. Have a proper look as there are different types of little objects, I like the most musical toys or little lamps.
- Personalized Baby Gift Plates (Vaisselle en porcelaine ). These are little colorful plates destined for babies. I remember this was a nice tradition to offer it to babies in the UK. Than they keep it for a life as a nice souvenir.
- Baby Personalised Cutlery (Cuillère de naissance). These are the little silver spoons and forks given to the baby when they are born and which serve like a great souvenir. They can also be personalized with the names of the baby.
- Crib Medals for Baby (Médaille de berceau). This type of present for newborn is more popular in the Catholic homes. Crib medals are often hang near to where the child sleeps as a sign of protection to keep the baby safe from harm. Crib medal styles vary from round to cross shaped and often include an image of a guardian angel.
Uff, as you can see I can write and write about the shopping and presents. For me, a present is not just a box of sweets. For me the presents should be well thought of and ideal for a person who is going to receive it. So for a big chocolate lover it is a box of sweets indeed but for a newborn baby, it needs to be a thing that is beautiful, original, special as the little one is! I hope I packed you with some ideas of what you can buy as a present for a baby in France. If you have other ideas and suggestions, please share with me. The more shopping ideas, the better!