Why should you learn French and why in Lyon? Here you are My Top 10 Reasons To Learn French Language!
French is one of the most beautiful languages on the earth. Listening to French has always been like a music to my ears. I loved it and I still love the French and their beautiful accent. But I thought this is all. As much as the French is beautiful, so much it seems unreachable to average people (aka me) cause French is certainly one of the most difficult languages. I would even say this is the most complicated, nuanced and really hard to spell correctly language here in Europe (so I am safe saying this as I know Chinese, Japanese etc are even more difficult!) So to motivate myself to start learning French language, I have found those Top 10 Reasons To Learn French. And I will share them with you to encourage you to learn and to keep you motivated.
So, you should learn French because:
- Learning French is good for the brain! I have found out that learning a language will keep your brain sharper for longer. How? Well, firstly it will increases gray matter in your brain and secondly, it will slow the effects of Alzheimer’s and dementia. If you don’t trust me, you can read here more about it.
- Learning French is good for job hunting. Being able to speak French will increase your chances to get a dream job! You do realize that 99% of people can write on their CV that they speak English, but how many can write they can speak French? Well, this is a real advantage when applying for a job! What is more…Learning French is good for the career in any international organization. Because French language is a language of international relations. It is both a working language and an official language of the United Nations, the European Union, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee, the International Red Cross and international courts.
- Learning French is good for earning more money. People who speak more than one language statistically earn more money that those who do not. I am not the only one who thinks that. You can check here for the proof that learning French will bring you more money!
- Learning French will allow you to communicate not only in France! It is so obvious that learning French will allow you to speak with French people in France but also…French is spoken in over 40 countries. It is an official language in over 30 countries and territories. So you can keep on traveling & moving to new countries and visiting francophone places and you are likely to use French!
- Learning French will open your doors to many universities. Thanks to the ability to speak French you can enter all good universities in France but also worldwide. Many Schools require you to speak French in order to pursue your higher education studies.
- Learning French will boost your academic skills. Did you know that the richest source of vocabulary in English actually comes from French? French has been valued for its words with precise definitions. So firstly, in order to understand and speak English better, it is very good to know French! And secondly, thanks to French you will be able to have a better insight into the complicated formulas and definitions.
- Learning French is good when you are traveling. Ok, you speak English and you think it is enough, In some cases, yes, but when you want to visit France and any other of the francophone countries, the ability to speak French is very good! Try not to order a horse in the French restaurant when you are unable to speak French? I know you can do it nowadays with your phone but how embarrassing this is and what happen when you are out of battery or WiFi? And with your French, you will feel confident and sure you are going to avoid the horse dinner option or at least have a choice if you want to eat it!
- Learning French will bring new friends. This is obvious. If you learn it at the school you will meet other students and when you learn online – you still can interact with others who want to help you out to learn French. On top of that being able to speak French will help you to start the conversation and carry on the talk with others on any subject you want.
- Learning French will allow you to get to know new cultures! This is my best one. In order to understand French mentality, you should speak French. But also when you start learning French you can make international friends and not only from Europe but worldwide. This is truly unique to have an ability to learn a little about Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian, Iranian and so on and so on..cultures, mentalities, lifestyles…Learning French opens your horizons
- Learning French will bring you confidence. Firstly, because you are doing something for yourself, secondly you are developing yourself, you are approaching challenges and frustrations, you are practicing your organizational, motivational abilities. You are working hard to gain a new skill and you can be proud of yourself!
I hope you like my selection of Top 10 Reasons to Learn French Language. I know there are so much more. So now over to you…Can you think of any other reasons on why you should learn French? Please share with me below in comments. Thank you!
I know it is really worth learning French. Even if for myself the process is very slow, even if learning French takes so much time, energy, frustrations and even if French causes you so many tears…it is worth to Learn French Language. And when I am down and weak I look at my list of Top 10 Reasons to Learn French Language and I get motivated to continue. I hope this works for you as well. Good Luck!